Is your company located in the greater Richmond Virginia area? Are you looking for as needed information technology consultants to take care of all of your I.T. requirements so you personally don't have to? If so then please call us!
The purpose of this site is to provide as needed information technology consultants to businesses with 3-50 employees located in the greater Richmond Virginia metropolitan area.
To request I.T. help please call 804-920-2994 with the following information:
Your name and company name.
Your phone number and location.
Briefly describe what help is needed.
Your request will be processed as outlined in the support policy section of this site.
Ideally your company will set up a relationship with RichmondComputerHelp.com before major emergency issues need to be addressed. Feel free to call us at any time to discuss if RichmondComputerHelp.com would be a good fit with your company. If your company has 3-50 employees (and 3-50 computers!) with no dedicated I.T. staff then our guess is YES we can help you!
It's our opinion that if your company has 50+ employees then you should have at least one full time I.T. employee. If you need help finding this employee we can help with that too!
RichmondComputerHelp.com is a team of well rounded independent Richmond based technology consultants. Of course each team member has his/her own strengths and weaknesses. Collectively we make an impressive I.T. team that has years of experience supporting small and medium size businesses. All of the independent consultants associated with this site have 5+ years of professional experience in Information Technology support. No newbies here! Actually in one way or another all of us are lifetime computer people. We love technology!
The idea of RichmondComputerHelp.com was created from years of team oriented executive I.T. support with a Richmond based Fortune 200 corporation. Scott Kaefer, the owner and lead consultant at RichmondComputerHelp.com, yearned to offer I.T. support to local Richmond businesses. Part of this desire stems from Scott growing up in a family owned business. In 2003 Scott left his enterprise I.T. position in downtown RVA and started RichmondComputerHelp.com. Over the years a small group of independent I.T. consultants have joined together to make RichmondComputerHelp.com what it is today.
Our technology services are ideal for companies in the greater Richmond area that do not have in house I.T. support or are just too busy and need additional help! Borrowing the motto of one of our health care clients:
At RichmondComputerHelp.com we love and embrace this statement! We too offer service beyond comparison with 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Yes that's right - if you are not 100% satisfied with our I.T. consulting services you are not required to pay!
Generally the projects that RichmondComputerHelp.com consultants work on last anywhere from 1 day to many years with daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly ongoing support after the project is completed. These projects can be as simple as a network installation or as extensive as complete on going I.T. support for your company.
References are available.
RichmondComputerHelp.com provides I.T. support to businesses with 3-50 employees with offices located in commercial locations in Richmond, VA. We do not offer residential computer support. We do not offer support for companies with 1-2 total employees located in a home based office in a residential location. Our sweet spot is local businesses with 3-50 employees.
Browse the column on the right for a partial listing of technology services that this site offers.
Can this website provide an I.T. consultant In Richmond Virginia to fix my computers / servers / network / website / email and then maintain everything in the future? Without an expensive contract or outrageous hourly rates?
Of course! We provide I.T. support in Richmond Virginia on an as needed basis. There are no contract requirements.
General I.T. Support: $96.00/hour - Most I.T. support is billed at this rate.
After Hours Support: $120.00/hour. 7pm - 8am.
Emergency Support: $144.00/hour - Acknowledgement of emergency situation within 90 minutes of notification for existing customers. Generally 15 minutes or less under normal circumstances. Billable time for emergency support starts when the emergency request is accepted and stops when the request is complete including travel time each way. Usually this ends up being 1-4 billable hours.
Specialty Support: $144.00/hour. Occasionially we need to bring in outside vendors to assist us with more involved projects. The specialty support rate applies to this situation.
These rates are 100% satisfaction guaranteed per service visit. Your company does not have to pay for the service visit if you're not 100% satisfied with the services that this site provides. Please note; this rarely happens!
Normal business hours are 8am to 7pm Monday - Friday. After hours services are available since I.T. requirements are 24/7/365. All services are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis with two exceptions. 1) Emergency trouble calls. 2) Pre-scheduled monthly maintenence appointments.
Generally our services are limited to the Richmond area within a 20 minute drive time from the 95/64 interchange. The map below shows our approximate support area. Additional travel fees may be incurred for travelling outside our coverage area. The coverage area policy is designed for optimum I.T. support timeliness for our Richmond customers.
1. RichmondComputerHelp.com supports businesses with 3-50 employees. We do not offer residential computer support services.
2. Response time - All service requests will be acknowledged within 1 business day. Generally this response time is much less (within 1-4 hours) though the stated policy is 1 business day. The emergency response policy is 90 minutes or less for existing customers during normal business hours. In most cases emergency requests by existing clients are addressed within 15 -60 minutes.
3. New clients of RichmondComputerHelp.com must sign a client business agreement before the first service request is performed. We only guarantee emergency support services to our clients who have a business agreement on record.
4. Hourly service rates apply. There is a minimum of 1 billed labor hour per on site service request or minimum 15 minutes billed per phone/email support request. For on site visits 20 minutes of the minimum 1 billed labor hour is allocated for travel time. This leaves 40 minutes of the first billed hour for actual service time. No travel time is charged for remote support.
5. Not all services need to be performed on site. Many services can be performed remotely.
6. All clients must have a high speed Internet connection. If your office doesn't have one now we can assist you with getting a high speed connection installed during the initial consultation.
7. All services performed by RichmondComputerHelp.com are "best effort" and "first come first serve" with a 100% satisfaction guarantee for each service request.
8. Billing for emergency support starts when the request is acknowledged by phone/text/email. Emergency support includes billing for any travel time associated with the request.
9. All our services come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with a specific service that was provided to you by RichmondComputerHelp.com you are not required to pay for the billed time incurred for that specific service. RichmondComputerHelp.com consultants will discuss the situation with the client and try to come up with an amicable arrangement, possibly including partial payment for services rendered, however partial payment is not a requirement. Please note that if we see this satisfaction guarantee being abused by a client we will terminate support provided to the client.
10. New long term clients of RichmondComputerHelp.com may be required to pay an up front retainer. The first month or two of billable time is then deducted from this retainer. After the retainer is depleted then the client is billed in monthly intervals, with payments due net 15.
"We stay ahead of technology so you don't have to!"
This site is independently owned. Our services are not affiliated with any service provider or equipment manufacturer. This means you will receive services from RichmondComputerHelp.com that are in the best interest of your company. For these services we charge a very reasonable hourly rate. Emergency, after-hours, and/or traveling fees may apply.
Richmond Virginia I.T. consulting services include:
- As needed information technology I.T. consultants in the greater Richmond Virginia area for businesses with 3-50 employees.
- On-site and remote helpdesk computer support services.
- Server administration and repairs. Generally Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Workstation computer administration and repairs. Generally Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, XP, iOS, OS X.
- PCI DSS compliance (credit card security).
- HIPAA compliance.
- I.T. development projects - large and small.
- Richmond I.T. disaster recovery services.
- Free computer recycling.
- Email support administration -- webmail, smartphone, desktop clients, Exchange outsourcing, more.
- Automatic scheduled nightly data backups and restores.
- HIPAA compliant off site data backups and storage.
- Wireless network support - 802.11 wifi, 3G, 4G, LTE, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T.
- General I.T. network administration.
- Cat6 wired ethernet networks.
- Broadband DSL, cable, T1, Fiber (FIOS) support services.
- Smart phone support (Internet, email, texting, bluetooth, apps, etc.).
- Feature phone support.
- Tablet support.
- Firewall, router, switch configurations.
- Computer repairs - hardware and software. Laptops and desktops.
- General helpdesk help.
- Computer installations.
- Server installations.
- Existing network analysis.
- Emergency disaster recover computer planning.
- On-site computer technicians.
- Computer optimization.
- Network optimization.
- Wireless networking.
- Email support -- webmail, smartphone, desktop clients, Exchange outsourcing, more.
- Virus, malware, adware removal.
- Vpn virtual private networking.
- Software application app support.
- Employee training.
- One-on-one private computer training.
- Enterprise support solutions.
- Technology security.
- Database development.
- Website development and maintenance.
- Search engine optimization SEO.
- General computer questions and answers - desktop support.
- Multimedia services.
- Multimedia meeting rooms support.
- Lcd projector installations.
- Smart TV installations.
- Richmond audio / video installation.
Our Present and Past Clients Include: